1. Donald Trump impeached in the House for withholding military aide to Ukraine in an attempt to pressure its president to gin up dirt on a political rival.
2. Donald Trump said at a rally in Pennsylvania: “Our country is full. We don’t want people coming up here.”
3. Donald Trump’s Secretary of Defense resigned.
4. Donald Trump abruptly left a NATO meeting after other world leaders laughed at him.
5. Donald Trump’s Secretary of the Navy was fired over his objections to the president undercutting military discipline.
6-99. More lies, resignations, slurs, boasts, all involving Donald Trump.
Sure, other stuff happened. But even mentioning it seems beside the point.
Do you get tired? Tired of the tramp tramp tramp of Trump Trump Trump? I know I do. His fans seem to love him. They are indignant that anyone could continually pay critical attention to the president of the United States.
So the country is cleft in two: half entranced, half disgusted, both sides belligerent and baffled at each other. Can you imagine a simpler recipe for disaster? Sure, the economy is bright, now, but that’s like marveling at the pretty red glow when your house is burning down.
Speaking of which, No. 100 ...
But first, with the year ending, apologies and thanks. Apologies for so much focus on Washington — it seemed necessary — and thanks for bearing with me.
For those who love Trump, yet still read this, when you gripe—“Why are you so hard on our beloved president? I hate you” — remember that your loving him is what lawyers call “inculpatory” — it incriminates you, round these parts.
To continue reading, click here.